Casting & Splinting Skills Workshop
BASIC/INTERMEDIATE PROGRAM - Minneapolis, MN
April 1 - 2, 2017
DoubleTree by Hilton Bloomington Minneapolis South
Learn casting and splinting techniques through intensive hands-on instruction and application from experienced certified orthopaedic technologists!
Orthopaedic Technologists, Athletic Trainers, Medical Assistants, Nurses, Physician's Assistants and those interested in learning the fundamentals of casting and splinting.
TYPICAL COURSE OUTLINE
- Basic Casting & Splinting
- Demonstration of Upper Extremity Casting & Splinting
- Upper Extremity
- Short Arm Cast
- Short Arm Thumb Spica
- Short Arm Volar Splint
- Short Arm Thumb Spica Splint
- Sugar Tong Splint
- Hands-on Upper Extremity
- Demonstration of Lower Extremity Casting & Splinting
- Lower Extremity
- Short Leg Cast
- Long Leg Cylinder
- Posterior Stirrup Splinting
- Hands-on Lower Extremity
- Cast Complications
- Demonstration of Intermediate & Advanced Casting & Splinting Applications
- Upper & Lower Extremity Applications
- Muenster Cast
- Boxers Cast and Radial/Ulnar Gutter Splints
1. Demonstrate proper casting technique for application and removal of upper and lower extremity casts and splints (achieve through lecture, demonstration, and hands-on practice).
2. Recognize indications for various types of cast/splint treatment.
3. Identify best practices for cast application and removal.
4. Identify casting/splinting complications and their possible solutions.
5. Learn proper patient care protocols.
Please click here to register.